Tuesday 10 June 2014

Top 3 Martha Stewart DIY Gift Ideas

I couldn't just help it! It is definitely my favourite website for DIY ideas. I have browsed through it so many times and each time I just love every single idea. However, I decided to pick up the top 3, based on simplicity to make, design and idea. There are some amazing ideas that were skipped, only because I find them way too hard for me to make.

At 3 I chose the homemade Body Scrub. I have personally made those in 2 different smells and colours. I made a citrus scrub by using orange and lemon essence oils and some yellow food colouring. I got the most amazing scrub ever. For the second one I used some blue food colouring and some mint and lavender essence oils. Simply amazing! I would never buy a scrub from a shop ever again! I really love the fact that you could download super cute labels from the Martha Stewart website. You can download the labels and read the full project here.


At 2 I chose the Bath Fizzies in a jar. They look so amazing and so easy to make. I really love the simplicity and the idea of using ice moulds for shaping the fizzies. She used simple cube ones, however, the variety of ice moulds is so huge that you could go crazy with different shapes and themes. Read the full project here.


And finally the best idea for me are the homemade Lip Balms. Initially, I wasn't very sure if this is actually easy to make, especially after seeing the photo. However, once I have tried it I was very impressed. It is so easy to make, literally from basic kitchen ingredients (except for the beeswax, that I had to order). The best part is, again, the fact that you can print the labels from the website and it looks very professional and yet personal. You can read the whole project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment